Saturday, August 11, 2012

Getting a UK Visa



Since last year, I have been preparing my documents for my UK Family Visit visa. I was supposed to visit my mum and her husband, who are my sponsors for my UK trip, by the way, last November but was moved to this year.

So first thing you have to do is gather all supporting documents. One important document that you must have is the invitation letter from your sponsor. That was the first one they asked for when I submitted my documents.  




Make sure to photocopy all supporting documents.  Include the original documents. It will be returned when you claim your visa or if you choose the deliver option, it will be delivered to your doorstep along with your visa.

Go to UK Border Agency and apply online.
(The application procedure last May2012 is now different as of today, August 11,2012)

Once you’ve finished applying online, book an appointment  in order to submit your  documents at VFS-Global Philippines. 

You pay the visa fee of Php5460 either at Unionbank in Kingswood Vito Cruz or at VFS-Global in Ecoplaza, Pasong Tamo Ext. 

Go to your appointment 30 minutes before. The queu might be long. My appointment was at 11am and I finished around 2pm. But once  your documents have been collected, you just wait for your name to be called for biometric  and electronic signature. Then viola! The agony of waiting comes upon you. 

By the way, you can claim your visa at the VFS office or have it delivered at your house. Claiming it cost Php140 for the texting fee and delivery costs around Php400. Just bring extra cash. 

I received a text that my visa is ready for pick, two weeks prior submitting everything. 





For more information visit UK Border Agency Philippines and VFS Global Philippines

No comments:

Post a Comment